Code Of Conduct
- I will play ball hockey because I want to, not just because my parents, my friends, others or coaches want me to.
- I will play by the rules of the League and in the spirit of the game.
- I will control my temper - fighting or "mouthing off" can spoil the activity for everybody.
- I will respect my opponents.
- I will do my best to be a true team player. I will support my teammates, attend all possible games and arrive on time.
- I will remember that winning isn't everything - that having fun, improving skills, making friends and doing my best are also important.
- I will acknowledge all good plays/performances - those of my team and those of my opponents.
- I will remember that coaches and officials are there to help me. I will accept their decisions and show them respect.
- I will remember that participants play ball hockey for their enjoyment. They are not playing to entertain me.
- I will not have unrealistic expectations. I will remember that players are not professionals and cannot be judged by professional standards.
- I will respect the official's decisions and I will encourage the participants to do the same.
- I will never ridicule a player for making a mistake. I will give positive comments that motivate and encourage continued effort.
- I will condemn the use of violence in any form and will express my disapproval in an appropriate manner to coaches and league officials.
- I will show respect for my team's opponents, because, without them, there would be no game.
- I will not use bad language, nor will I harass players, coaches, officials, or other spectators.
- I will not force my child to participate in ball hockey and remember that my child plays ball hockey for his or her own enjoyment, not mine.
- I will remember that the League is a community-based league operated for the benefit of the children of our community. I will respect the democratic processes of the League.
- I will encourage my child to play by the rules and to resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility or violence.
- I will teach my child that doing one's best is as important as winning, so that my child will never feel defeated by the outcome of a game.
- I will never ridicule or yell at my child for making a mistake or losing a game.
- I will remember that children learn best by example. I will applaud good plays/ performances by both my child's team and their opponents.
- I will never question the official's judgement or honesty in public.
- I will support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from children's ball hockey games.
COACHES AND ALL LEAGUE OFFICIALS
- I will be reasonable in scheduling games and practices, remembering that players and parents have other interests and obligations.
- I will teach my players to play fairly and respect the rules, officials, and opponents.
- I will ensure that all players get equal instructions, support, and playing time.
- I will not ridicule or yell at players for performing poorly. I will remember that players play to have fun and must be encouraged to have confidence in themselves.
- I will make sure that the players' equipment and the League facilities are safe and match the player's ages and abilities.
- I will remember that participants need a coach they can respect. I will be generous with praise and set a good example.
- I will obtain proper training and continue to upgrade my coaching skills.
- I will work in cooperation with the league officials for the benefit of the League and the game.